ahhh finally. summer. the crunch of sand beneath your feet and the warm breeze on your face. and the sweet smell of the ocean and feeling of being surrounded by cool water and no worries. nope. nada. ziltch. it’s s o c i a l d i s t a n c i n g. we all have had plans for how we’re going to spend this glorious time away from school, whether it’s going on a lavish vacation
or burning all your school work um wut, i’m sure we all have something in mind and those things are put on hold because of the current situation ( 2020 mark my words ). sooo why not make the most of your time at home while still raiding the snack pantry and setting the record for being the best netflix binger?! yes you, and yes i know you can be a little productive not that binging isn’t being productive ( still you ) buttt if you’re like me and some days you find yourself walking around your room mindlessly, bored to the last fiber of your existence, wanting to do something – anything, then why not be productive ( who does that these days though lol )?? one of the best ways to spend your time is by using it to make others happy and trust me – it’s worth it, and you’re worth it too! 😊
soo without further ago * bad intro ends * :
8 ways to give during quarintine:
- add a little note onto your mailbox. this can be a thank you note to a mailman / woman, a stay safe reminder to anyone who walks by your mailbox and happens to see it, or anything in general. its really easy to do and doesn’t take a lot of time at all. however if it rains where you live, or is very sunny ( the ink can fade / the note can get ruined ), you may have to replace it every once in a while, but this gives you the opportunity to switch notes up, and write something different
- add a note to your door. same thing as earlier except this one could be directed to a postman/ woman who delivers packages and actually has to come to your doorstep to do it. again, it’s very quick and easy and will definitely brighten their day!
- follow people on any site. ok this one is definitely something different. being kind is a part of giving, isn’t it? and one of the best ways to to spread kindness ( while still social distancing ) right from the comfort of your home is by going online. there’s currently so much hate going on on all types of platforms, so why not counter it? pick a platform, make an account, or use one you have and start following people! go as far as liking posts, or maybe even saying something nice. you never know what someone is going through, so that one little action can make all the difference ❤ additionally since its pride month, this is a great way to show your support! 🏳️🌈
- donate some money. you’ve probably heard this everywhere. yup donating, and it’s even more important in times like this where there are people without any food, and protests are raging. however, donating shouldn’t just happen when situations like this arise. remember that there’s never a reason not to 🙂
~ silent moment to thank our mailmen / women ~
if you have a lot of time:
- crocheting face mask adapters – normal face masks are painful to wear especially for nurses who must wear them for hours at a time, as well as causes other problems. if you want to learn how to finger crochet them you can learn here!
- crochet face masks – this is definitely more time consuming, but is important! the demand for face masks is only going up, and others as well as yourself are going to need some. by making face masks, you can add filters and other features that store bought face masks usually don’t have, which makes it very convenient.
- summer cleaning ( is that a thing? ) – do you ever just look around and have a sudden inspiration to clean up your room? maybe haha ( maybe watch some room tour videos if not ) ! you’ve probably heard this before but cleaning is such an amazing way to make a better environment for yourself and look into donating a lot of things. trust me. the best thing is this doesn’t have to apply to just your room. you can clean up your attic, basement, kitchen, ect and really see that difference and make a difference for others as well! there are many ways to donate, and some include just having someone if you can’t drive, to drop it off at a place which collects donations, while still keeping their / your distance.
- host some online classes for free. maybe once a week, every other week, or even every day, and on any subject really! it can be fun like crafts, chess, art, or it can be academic like teaching writing or math ( especially since a lot of kids didn’t get proper education during the shelter in place ). again, if you get really bored then this will give something to do like planning the lesson and really looking forward until the next class!
well that’s all for now! don’t forget that the most important way to give is to be kind those around you like your family. try to interact with them ( ok tho im such a hypocrite like this is coming from a girl who basically lives her her room but im gonna start doing it too ) and compliment them!
also remember that before being able to help others, you need to help yourself and make sure y o u ‘ r e alright. take a break off the internet, since it can be overwhelming. don’t ever feel like you have to tell others or be online for your friends and followers. y o u need to do what’s b e s t too! i also want to really say that DON’T EVER BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF OR WHO YOU ARE
OR ELSE IM COMING FOR YOU ❤ please please remember you’re beautiful, and your flaws are what make you human! also smile 😀 , it helps.
i’d love to hear what you think about these ideas for giving, if you’ve done any of them! i’m also open to chatting, and venting because i get that sometimes the only thing you need is someone who understands, and i promise i will try my best to be that person for you!
anddd – bonus lil poem ( on everything ) from my friend sonia:
Why can’t we all just get along?
Why do we discriminate by one’s race
When we can’t choose our skin color
Why do we discriminate by religion
When there are so many similarities
Why do we discriminate by gender,
When we don’t choose the bodies we’re born in
Why do we discriminate by sexuality
When we don’t choose who we love
Why do we discriminate by so many things
When we’re all just human
Why can’t we all just get along?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ beautiful * wipes away tear * ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
oh and how could i forget i always forget things:
🏳️🌈 𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓭𝓮 𝓶𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓱! 🏳️🌈
𝗕𝗟𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗟𝗜𝗩𝗘𝗦 𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥